Saturday, April 03, 2010

Running the Charles in Boston - April 1, 2010


While visiting in Boston, went for a long training run (13 miles) along both sides of the Charles River. I need to get in two long runs before the LI Marathon (5/2). This run had to be in the top 5 I have ever experienced. The weather was absolutely perfect and the areas vignettes were amazing. Started out at the BU Bridge and worked my way across the Charles to Memorial Drive and ran to Harvard Square in Cambridge. From there went down Mass Ave. to MIT and then along the Charles to the Longfellow Bridge. After crossing the Charles went west along the other side of the Charles along Storrow Drive to the MIT Bridge (Mass Ave.) crossed the river again and returned immediately to finish the run on the the BU track at Nickerson Field. I finished the run in Brookline at my daughter's apartment. From the charm of the river, the weather, the bustle of Cambridge, the people and the view of Boston, I felt I was running on a Sunday afternoon instead of a Thursday.

No comments: